Thursday, February 4, 2010

AT LAST!

It has been so many years in the making, it's hard to believe that soon I will be holding my two books in my hands. Yesterday I received the pre-proof galley for DEVIL'S DANCE and today for THE DEVIL'S DUE. As soon as I read through them and return them to the publisher, we'll have advanced one more step up the ladder.

This is a short post because I've got to get to my reading of the galleys. The longer I delay, the longer it will take to go to print.

This may sound a little egotistic, but whenever I'm at this point in a book, I try to read objectively, as though I'm not the author and have no knowledge of the story. Devil's Dance is holding up very well. I find myself wanting to keep reading even though I know the story backwards and forwards...maybe even sideways after all these years. My style has changed so much since the first attempt, and yet some elements remain the same.

ARLISS

No comments:

Post a Comment