Tuesday, August 25, 2009

IN THE COOL OF THE NIGHT

Whoopee!! The air conditioning is fixed and I'm almost back to myself. It's amazing how trying to work in a very hot house drains the spirit and the energy to a point where you can barely function. I've gotten so much done since wonderful Daniel, a repairman who actually knows what he's doing, restored my air conditioning and my sanity along with it.

Okay, so we're clicking along on the final draft of THE DEVIL'S DUE. I was talking to my writer's group the other night about what it feels like to finally know that the effort of fourteen years will be in print next year. Why, having the AC fixed almost feels as good. Not quite...but almost.

Everything has to have a bit of a benefit. The next time I'm writing about someone sweltering, or hopping mad, I'll think about last week.

I've had to slow down to posting once a week because there are so many things in various stages of completion, I finally acknowledged that I need a schedule. I admit I sometimes picture myself as Wonder Woman, but even those magic bracelets don't give you an extra three or four hours in a day.

Next time I'll talk about writing very emotional scenes and the difference between writing them in third person vs. first person. Until then,

---Arliss Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment